Sunday, May 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Kevin

Today is Kevin's 8th birthday!

Kevin was due on May 13th, which was Mother's Day in 2001. I was confident that my second child would be early like my first so when I was pregnant with Kevin (baby two), my goal was to make it past April 28th, the date of Uncle Kevin's wedding.

On May 2nd, I took the last 2 hours of my work day and cleaned my entire office area then went to church. During church, baby, like every other church service got very wiggly but this time it hurt. It was very appropriate that once the preacher started preaching, I went into labor as I think it was the preaching that made baby move the most.

We arrived at the hospital at 9:00 p.m. where grandma & grandpa, grammy, Kyle and our friend Debbie sat with us until baby was born at 3:50 a.m. But when baby was born, he was a boy and we did not have a boy name ready as we just could not agree on a first name. The middle name (my father's name) had already been determined but not a fist name. It was 3:00 p.m. before baby was named Kevin Daniel. It was Chris' baba and I who picked the name. Don't get me wrong as Chris liked the name but we already had 1 Kevin in the family who we saw often and he thought it would be too confusing, well 8 years later there are 3 Kevins and it's not that bad.

Below is Kevin's hospital picture. He was 7 lbs, 6 oz and 21 inches long.


Kevin looking out over the beach from Santa Monica pier on vacation last month.

Happy Birthday Kevin. We love you Boo!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday Kevin. I dont think so far its a problem to have three Kevin's but I do think Kevin 2 and Kevin 3 will have a problem when it comes to their credit reports not only because of their names but also their ages will be close. With Kevin 1, it will be easy to determine that Kevin 2 or 3 were too young to buy a car ect heheh. So we'll see in another 10 years or so.

Kelli said...

so now that you are on facebook, no more blogging? I want to see all your camping picuters ect